Granite counter tops
Ample cabinet space
Third Floor Unit
The apartment is located in the historic Cherokee Theater, which was built in 1911 by the Vaudeville Theater Company. In 1916 Fred Wehrenberg took over the theater operations and it became known as the “New Cherokee Theater”. The New Cherokee Theater closed at the end of 1930 and the building was converted to commercial use. The following year Wehrenberg’s Southside Amusement Company opened the Cherokee Bowling and Billiards on the second floor, which later became Cherokee Q M Bowling Alleys and finally the Cherokee Lanes Bowling Alley. Cherokee Lanes closed around 1962 and the Southside Amusement Company sold the building in 1968.
The building is perhaps best known as the home of the Proper Shoe Store, which opened in the building in 1940 and closed in 2002. While other department stores, such as J. C. Penny’s and Fairchild’s, operated for decades on Cherokee Street, Proper Shoe Store is the only one that survived into the 21st century, having been in continuous operation for over sixty years. Also known as “Milton Mandel’s Proper Shoe Store”, the building was also home to Mandel’s Style Shop, which sold women’s clothing during the 1950s and 1960s.
The advertised price reflects a $100 discount for paying the rent on the first of the month
When available, short-term leases may be subject to additional fees.
We require an application (free) and a credit check
One-time leasing fee
A pet deposit is typically 1/2 of the full month’s rent as a one-time payment